Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

10/21 (Thursday) at Uproot

I arrived at Uproot restaurant at 4:00 P.M. with my Chef's Knife, apron, and chef's jacket. I started off by portioning risotto and stuffing them with sharp cheese. I tasted the cold risotto with the cheese and it was rich and sharp. It was very tasty. Then I rolled the risotto up into balls. I took these risotto balls and dredged them in flour, then egg, and then breadcrumbs. These were going to be fried and served as a bar menu option. After I finished the risotto it was time for staff meal. There was Sausage with peppers, Drumsticks, Potato Gratin, and a cucumber salad. It was all pretty good. I finished and went back into the kitchen and started cleaning up lots and lots of greens (two crates, which is like 500 greens). By cleaning I had to take the stem out, soak in ice water multiple times, spin in the salad spinner, and chop them up into even sizes. This was a lot of work. After the greens I had to supreme 6 oranges and thinly slice a box of cremini mushrooms. When service started I watched the cooks work and whenever they needed something urgently I would run into the walk-in to get what they were asking for. During this time I get to eat a lot of food. I ate pork belly, scallop, funnel cake, foie gras, a pizza (containing pork belly, duck confit, quail egg, caramelized onion, and Parmesan), beets, different ice creams, cranberry orange oatmeal cookies, and chocolate. All of it was really, really delicious. My dad came to pick me up at 8:15 P.M. and I arrived home tired and stuffed. I had to wake up at 6:15 the next morning for school, which is way too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment