Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bocuse D'or USA






A while back I went to the Bocuse D'or USA in Hyde PArk NY at the CIA. I almost didnt go because I had to much homework, but I was SSOOOO happy I went. I was so excited to go and meet all of these amazing chefs. When I got their I was in bliss I could not beieve I was within of twenty feet from Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller, Grant Achatz, an so on. All of the platters were incredibly beautiful and looked very tasty (I wish I could have been a judge). When there was a break in the competition the judges and competitors went into a VIP room. I was able to sneak into that Vip Room and have a conversation with Tim Hollingsworth, Gavin Kaysen, and Hung from Top Chef. I asked Gavin how the chefs of Top Chef Season 6 did with their own mini Bocuse D'or and he said that they did a great job, I still could not believe I was talking to these group of chefs. I got my picture taken with Thomas Keller, Daniel Boulud, Grant Achatz, and Jerome Bocuse. I asked Thomas Keller for advice on how a young culinarian should strive for success, and he said that I should never give up. Thomas himself never gave up, he failed at Rakel, but then triumphed at the French Laundry later in his life. I left the Bocuse D'or with Knives At Dawn, a book about the Bocuse D'or, signed by every chef on the council plus the winner James Kent of Eleven Madison Park. James Kent said that I was his first person to give an autograph to. Maybe he will remember me when he wins the whole thing in Lyon!! All and all this was an amazing experience and I wish I can go to Lyon in January for the internation competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment